Five Tips to Attract the Best Accounting Candidates in 2011
Nearly half of recession-weary workers are inclined to look for new job opportunities outside their firm in 2011, according to several national surveys.
Here are the Top 5 Ways to ensure the strongest candidates, including passive job seekers, find your organization this year.
1. Create clear job descriptions with responsibilities and expected outputs.
2. Leverage associations and other networks where the best and brightest in a field converge.
3. Ensure your website conveys the firm’s vision, this is the first place potential candidates will go to research your company and you want them excited.
4. Determine the behavioral characteristics that you seek and design interview questions to screen for them.
5. Post your job ad on My Accounting Life so it will be seen by highly qualified candidates, rather than generic job boards that will inundate you with unqualified applicants.
If you have any other tips for our community, post them here.